Thursday, July 1

Poker Tournament Win

Been working on a lot of small projects over the past couple of weeks.

Had cousins in town last weekend -- on their way to an Alaska cruise -- and spent much of Thursday, all day Friday and Saturday evening with them.  Working on getting ready for 4th of July this week.  Cleaning up, though Monica doesn't notice it, planting plants, making lists and checking them twice.

I took a break today and played the 11 AM tournament at Hideaway.  As I've probably mentioned, this is the best local daily tournament as you start with 100 BB but it's still pretty fast.  Was able to grind my way through with great short stack play and bully the table, despite losing half my stack with QQ vs AA, ironically with both of us limping in.  One thing I like about this tournament is that the short stack play is terrible and any tournament like this involves mainly short stack play from about 12 players left.  Stole blinds, but really I won because I won a bunch of races, mostly as a slight underdog.  After the ugly QQ vs AA hand, I won KQ vs. 77, 33 vs a very short stack A6, KJ vs 99 for 75% of the chips, and on the final hand my JTs beat the small stacks Q6.  I raised on the button and he called.  Made a net of $300+.

No comments: