Friday, May 14

Day 8, Thursday

A very busy and productive day, though I started by sleeping in since we didn't have contractors coming at 7:30.

I made it back to the gym for the first time this week.  Lined up a contractor, actually two it turns out, to trim and tack the carpet in the doorways where it bumps up against the new hardwoods.  Made a nice dinner -- brisket and sweet potato casserole (Yams Richard).  Was a nice treat to do that without it being a holiday.  Sort of like turkey only gets made once or twice a year. 

Made a lot of progress catching up on financial records.  Really I hadn't entered our "bank" statements into MS Money in a year.  Which was really dumb because it took 10 minutes for most months and 20 minutes for tricky months... it just became a pile I never looked at.  Caught up through the end of 2009, so I can work on taxes now.  And so, I really started on our taxes for 2009.

Went to Kinko's to print some brochures for Monica's business to use at the Pet Fair this weekend.  In the end, she has nice looking brochures -- I assume, I've only seen the proof, but the process was a bit frustrating.  Actually working with the people at Fedex/Kinko's took 5-10 minutes but driving there, figuring out where I needed to be, and waiting in line took 45 minutes -- very high signal to noise ratio.  Also helped Monica do through all her stuff to get ready for Saturday.

Worked out cleaning our outdoor furniture for the season.  Everything has sat outside getting rained on or worse since the fall.  A quick soap and rinse and letting mother nature do the drying.

Somewhere in between we took Hunny Bear for a nice long walk.

No comments: