Saturday, October 30

Douchebag of the week

inspired by "redright's" series of a similar name

This actually happened a couple of weeks ago but I still want to share.  I advertised a number of Mariners bobbleheads on Craigslist.  I was contact by someone asking to purchase 5 of them and offering me $85 which he said was $10 off what I had asked.  I noted that Griffey had been sold but I could sell the other 4 for the same $85 which was $10 off.  I hope he mis-added and wasn't trying to scam me.  He then changed his mind on which ones he wanted but the cost was the same.  We agreed to meet over the weekend, likely Saturday, when he'd be in the Factoria area.

Saturday afternoon he emailed me and said the day was busy so we set up an 8 AM Sunday meeting time (I had plans during the day).  I arrived at 8, waited a few minutes, then checked my email to see he had said his car was frozen shut and he couldn't make it.  It was cold but not cold enough to freeze car doors.  I responded that we could touch base around 5 PM.  I called him at 5 and he never called back.  I emailed him Monday or Tuesday and never heard back.

I don't mind so much that he reneged on a deal. That's the nature of dealing with people through Craigslist.  That he gave me the run around over the weekend and didn't have the courtesy to call, text, or email that he was sorry but he had to back out of the deal is what gets me. Given the energy I spent on this transaction, I was barely making any money even if he did show.  Acceptance reasons for this behavior are 1) death, 2) brain death.

No comments: